Doubling this recipe and freezing what you don’t immediately eat is a great way to stock up on supplies for a quick, weeknight meal. Pair it with fresh pasta and roasted vegetable sauce, both which you can also hoard in your freezer.
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Italian, flat-leaf parsley
4 oz Parmesan, grated finely or processed in food processor
small onion, minced finely
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1/2 c. breadcrumbs
3 tbls. red wine
2 tbls. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
flour for dredging
olive oil for pan
- Mix ingredients all together. Knead lightly until the meat looks smooth.
- Shape meatballs. Pack together firmly, but do not squish.
- Roll meatballs in flour.
- Heat a skillet over medium. Add a drizzle of oil (about 2 tbls.) until it looks shiny.
- Brown in skillet over medium-low, shaking often and rolling the balls over with a teaspoon.
- When ready to eat, warm tomato sauce and add meatballs. (This can be easily done straight from the freezer.)