When it is Sunday morning and the sun is out, one must sit on the porch and eat coffeecake.
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
8 oz. homemade creme fraiche
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 cups AP flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- With a mixer, cream together butter, creme fraiche, and sugar.
- Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. Add half of the flour mixture to creamed mixture. Beat in nicely.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add in last half of dry mixture.
- Pour this silky batter into a buttered 9X13 pan.
- With a fork, mix the topping. Sprinkle this on the top of the batter. Press down gently.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
This recipe was modified from a recipe that I received from my aunt. Thanks!