From: The Bread Baker’s Apprentice
2 1/2 c. bread flour
1 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 tbls. sugar or honey (both are equally delicious)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbls. powdered milk
1 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
2 tbls. butter, melted
1 1/4 water
- Mix the dry ingredients, including yeast. Add the butter and water slowly. Knead by hand for 10 minutes or with the dough hook of your mixer for 6.
- Cover and let the dough rise for 2 hours.
- Form your loaf and place in an oiled pan. Let the dough rise another 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
One Comment Add yours