Here’s a dish that will showcase your winter veggies. It doesn’t look like much, but it has a lot of flavor and only a little clean up. For other simple salmon recipes, check here.
2 tbls. butter
1/2 fennel bulb
2 large carrots
3/4-1 pound of red potatoes
8 oz. veggie stock
1/2 c. white wine
1/2 tsp. salt, white pepper
2-4 pieces salmon, about 4-6 ounces each
- Prepare vegetables. Slice the fennel in half and remove hard core. Remove fronds and outer layer if tough. Coarsely chop. Peel and dice the carrots. Wash and dice potatoes. Rinse leek, chop off ends, and cut into small rings.
- Choose a large skillet with a lid. Melt your butter and then cook fennel and carrots for about 3 minutes over medium.
- Add stock, wine, carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer over low for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the salmon and any pinbones. If it’s a big piece of fish, cut it into portions. Salt and pepper each side.
- Lay the fish onto the vegetables. Cover and continue to cook over low for 15 minutes.
Adapted from Cover and Bake