Let’s get ready to feast and be grateful for another harvest. If you’re still trying to decide what to serve, here’s a sample menu to help you along.
Sample Menu for a Local Thanksgiving
roasted turkey with gravy
simple mashed potatoes,
with just milk, salt, and butter
one large sweet potato,
roasted in the back of the oven with the turkey
Where’d we find it all?
- Turkey, most gratefully from Heyday Farm
- Potatoes, squashes, greens, onions, cornmeal from Laughing Crow Farm
- Even more greens, celery, and brussels sprouts from Persephone Farm
- Sage plucked from Dropstone Farm
- Cranberries from Bloom Creek Cranberry Farm at the Ballard Market
- Pears and apples from our yard